- Diverse mix of planning work & plenty of day-to-day variety
- Excellent company culture … work with a grounded, collaborative, resourceful team
Diverse range of resource management activities from consenting & plan change requests to policy & district planning services, consultation & expert witness work.
BBO is a New Zealand based company of consulting engineers, planners and surveyors delivering diverse infrastructure projects from highways and bridges, to land and site development and council infrastructure. We’re big enough and have the multi-disciplinary expertise to lead large projects to completion, but also small enough to be personable and approachable. If you’re looking for a non-hierarchical environment where people can be themselves, are grounded and resourceful, collaborate and support each other, plus have a genuine desire to do right by the clients they serve, then BBO could be the right place for you.
BBO is expanding and looking to employ a Senior Planner to apply their planning skills to a diverse range of resource management activities.
- Take a lead role in the preparation of resource consent applications, plan change requests, designations/notices of requirement, outline plans etc. typically associated with highway, land and other developments.
- Work with engineers, scientists and other technical specialists on assessments of environmental effects.
- Contribute to the review/development of policies and district and regional plans working closely with Council clients.
- Advise clients and provide practical assistance in support of effective community engagement and consultation.
- As a Senior Planner, prepare and present expert-witness evidence when required.
- Lead or support the planning, management and delivery of projects.
- Represent the business to clients and external stakeholders, provide excellent client service, and promote technical capabilities and services.
- Hold a tertiary qualification in resource management/planning and be a full member of the New Zealand Planning Institute (or be eligible).
- Have 7+ years of experience in the planning field preferably with prior consulting experience.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
If you bring relevant experience and would enjoy the challenge of this role, we’d like to hear from you.
Click ‘Apply’ or contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831 to discuss the position in confidence.
BBO has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.