Tech for Non Tech is designed specifically to help non-technical professionals deepen their understanding of concepts and processes of web development. Participants will expand their technical terminology and be able to speak the language of the web. They will learn tools and tactics to ensure productive, happy relationships with developers and ensure deadlines are met and projects are successful. So far, 42 professionals from the public and private sector have participated in the course. There have been project and product managers, HR and recruitment, digital content managers, user testers, and sales and marketing executives, policy and business analysts taking part.
The modules we can cover on the day are:
• Web development and digitisation core concepts and terminology
• Guest session: Learning to talk Human͛ – how programmers and developers communicate
• Guest session: Tech and Non Tech working relationships - What are the problems? What are some tactical solutions? What are some interpersonal solutions?
• Visual guest session: 'Building a feature' + Q & A (Developer)
• Hot technology – why some things are trending, where the future could go Money / Time / Quality / Quantity
• End to end development process (activity)
• Root cause analysis
• How code is written
• Agile basics
We use a co-design process combined with agile methodology so that participants can prioritise the areas.