Des Trigg is a Chartered Accountant and a member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
Des has made presentations in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Shanghai, Beijing, London and Paris. His seminar in Singapore is timely and can answer any questions that expats may have on the tax laws and requirements of New Zealand.
- What tax changes have occurred/are planned to occur in NZ (affecting migrants/returning expats) following election of new Govt (2017)?
- Are there changes to NZ tax residency rules?
- What changes have occurred/are planned to occur affecting individual offshore investment in NZ [particularly residential property]?
- What is the likelihood of introduction of a capital gains tax/reintroduction of death duty, inheritance tax, stamp duty?
- How does the 4 year tax exemption (foreign sourced income) operate?
- What are the most common problems (from a tax perspective ) when non residents derive NZ sourced income (rents/interest/dividends/business income)?
- When submitting NZ rental returns, what tax issues cause the most problem?
He currently practises as a Tax Consultant after retiring as a tax partner in a national accounting firm with international association. Des was the National Tax Director and Australasian representative on the firm’s international tax committee.
Prior to joining the firm, Des was a Tax Inspector in the Auckland Office of the Inland Revenue Department (IRD).
Des provides taxation services to smaller chartered accounting firms as well as the general public.
Des contributes regular articles to offshore publications dealing with tax issues affecting NZ ex pats and business migrants to NZ. Visit New Zealand Chamber of Commerce | Hong Kong and Hong Kong NZ Business Association to view his latest articles.
Wine & snacks will be provided.