Dean's Distinguished Speaker Series: The social, the virtual and the mobile: Exploring the interacti
Please join me to hear US Professor Nik Dholakia, Professor of Marketing and International Business at the University of Rhode Island’s College of Business Administration, discuss:
The social, the virtual and the mobile: Exploring the interactions
Dr Dholakia’s research deals with the intersections of globalisation, technology, innovation, market processes and consumer culture. His latest book, Toward a Metatheory of Economic Bubbles: Socio-Political and Cultural Perspectives (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014), has far-reaching implications for the study and practise of entrepreneurship and marketing, public and corporate finance, and public policies towards innovation, economy and finance. It contributes to the defining issues for economic sociology that describe the relationship between the economic and the social.
Articles authored by Dr Dholakia have appeared in, among other places:
• Journal of International Management
• Journal of Marketing
• Journal of Marketing Management
• Marketing Theory
• Consumption Markets and Culture
• Columbia Journal of World Business
• Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
• European Journal of Marketing
• Journal of Business Research
• Journal of Interactive Marketing
• Journal of Macromarketing,
• Qualitative Market Research
• Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations
• Electronic Markets
• Information and Organization
• Critical Perspectives on International Business
Dr Dholakia has been a co-winner of the Charles C Slater Memorial Award from the Journal of Macromarketing.
We look forward to seeing you there.