Camp Gallipoli is a once in a lifetime opportunity for New Zealanders to come together on the 100th anniversary of Gallipoli to sleep out under the same stars as the original Anzacs did 100 years ago.
THERE ARE TWO DATES:
1. Friday 24 April 2015 3:00pm
2. Saturday 25 April 2015 12:00am
Camp Gallipoli is an opportunity to participate in the Anzac centenary commemoration, the most significant commemoration to take place in our lifetime. Families, schools and community groups are invited to join in a special night of remembrance, entertainment, mateship and the birth of that special ANZAC spirit.
This is your chance to share a moment in history with family and friends. Camp Gallipoli brings it all together in one remarkable event.
- There will be entertainment, special guests, movies, documentaries, great food options and a very special dawn service on Anzac Day itself.
- The venue will have spaces set aside for camping using camp rolls, just like the Anzacs did.
- This event will be respectful and informative and also engaging and entertaining for New Zealand families and students as we honour and ensure the Anzac spirit lives on.
- Camp Gallipoli represents the Anzac spirit of mateship. It will bring together New Zealanders from varying backgrounds and cultures, from cities and rural areas to celebrate the Anzac tradition of equality, loyalty and friendship.
This is part of series of events across Australia and New Zealand co-ordinated by the Gallipoli Foundation.