- From 11.59pm on Sunday the 16th of Jan fully vaccinated New Zealanders and other eligible travellers can travel from Australia and enter New Zealand without the requirement for MIQ.
- From 11.59pm on Sunday the 13th of February fully vaccinated New Zealanders and other eligible travellers can travel to NZ from all other countries.
- From 30th of April onwards all other travellers will be able to enter New Zealand. This reopening will happen in a staged way,
There will still be important public health protocols to be followed,
- All travellers will require a negative pre-departure test
- Travellers will require proof of being fully vaccinated
- Travellers will require a passenger declaration about their recent travel history including that they haven’t been in a very high risk country in the past 14 days
- Travellers will be required to take a Day 0/1 test on arrival
- There will be a requirement to self isolate for 7 days on arrival
- Travellers will be required to complete a final negative test before entering the community
Those who don’t meet the requirements for this medium risk pathway will continue to enter MIQ under the new regime for a 7 day managed isolation stay followed by 3 days of home isolation. This will apply to those who don’t meet vaccination requirements including unvaccinated New Zealand citizens, and those coming from very high risk countries.
For more information go to https://covid19.govt.nz/travel/